Looking for a last minute gift for your favourite host or hostess? Homemade drink mixes are a great way to express gratitude for their hospitality, and to help them relax at their own party. Help cut down on their work with this festively packaged Bloody Mary mix and, if you want to go above and beyond, throw in a tin of homemade rimming salt and some personally designed labels for good measure.
- 6 cups tomato juice
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon tabasco sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Empty bottles
- In a blender combine the tomato juice, lemon juice, lime juice, horseradish, worcestershire sauce, garlic, and hot sauce and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a nonreactive container and add salt and black pepper, to taste, then refrigerate overnight.
- After making the mix and letting the mix chill overnight, spoon the salt into tin and pour mix into bottles with a funnel.
- Chill mix until ready to for gift-giving.
Bloody Mary Rimming Salt
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons celery seed
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoons black pepper
Mix together the ingredients in a bowl, and package in small tins (to accompany your Bloody Mary mix). Store in a cool place up to 6 months.
Photo: Ben Hussman via Flickr