With the end of the year approaching, there’s no better time to start planning a celebratory menu for the countdown to 2014, and the holiday gatherings in the meantime. Add this festive cocktail, featuring the traditional winter flavours of citrusy satsuma, to the lineup for a splash of colour, and flavour.
- 4 parts satsuma (fresh squeezed)
- 2 parts pomegranate juice (fresh squeezed)
- 1 part simple syrup
- 1 part Campari
- Fill a tall glass with ice. Pour Satsuma juice over ice; set aside.
- Add the pomegranate juice, simple syrup and Campari into a cocktail shaker and shake until combined.
- Pour over pomegranate and Campari mixture over Satsuma juice.
- 1 part sugar
- 1 part water
Place sugar and water in a pot and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Cool before using.
Image: Gabriel Amadeus via Flickr